This seminar is designed to educate participants on DOT/FTA regulations requiring drug and alcohol testing of safety-sensitive transit workers. The focus will be specific training requirements for those employees (e.g.: dispatchers, supervisors, managers, etc.) who will be making the determination of when to administer reasonable suspicion and post-accident drug and/or alcohol tests for safety sensitive employees. This seminar meets and exceeds the requirements under 49 CFR Part 655.14(b)(2).
• FTA post-accident drug and alcohol testing requirements and procedures
• FTA reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing requirements and procedures
• Signs, symptoms, and workplace impact of alcohol misuse
• Signs, symptoms, and workplace impact of drug abuse
• Physical, behavioral, speech, and performance indicators of probable drug use and alcohol misuse
• Supervisor roles and responsibilities
• Scenario-based exercises and practice cases related to transit testing determination situations
Transit dispatchers, supervisors, and other transit company officials who may be required to make a testing determination of a safety sensitive employee.
The registration fee is $35 per person. Login to WSTIP Learns to register. For information regarding RTAP scholarships for this event, please contact Marianna Hanefeld at HanefeM@wsdot.wa.gov.
This course will take place at Community Transit. Community Transit is located at 2312 West Casino Road, Everett, WA 98203. The course will run from 8:00 – 12:30, Friday. The Substance Abuse Management and Program Compliance course will be conducted in conjunction with this seminar. Please check the course catalog. You will need to register/pay for each course separately.
There is a room block at the Hilton Garden Inn on Paine Field Blvd. in Mukilteo. The room block link is here: Community Transit There will be a shuttle to and from the hotel provided by Community Transit. Please meet in the lobby at 7:40 am if you plan to take the hotel shuttle.
For information regarding registration or workshop content, please contact Laura Juell (firstname.lastname@example.org). Laura can be reached at (360) 786-5049.
You may cancel your workshop registration without penalty up to Friday, January 5, 2024. Cancellations made after 1/5/2024 will be charged the full workshop fee. WSTIP may cancel the class if fewer than 12 people register for the course. If the course is cancelled, participants will receive a complete refund.