This course will educate rural agency Designated Employer Representatives (DERs) in the required elements of an FTA and USDOT compliant drug and alcohol testing program. This course will cover:
· Brief discussion on the genesis of the USDOT and FTA regulations
· Agency, contractor, and employee applicability
· Pre-employment testing and previous employer background check
· Random testing protocols
· Post-accident testing
· Reasonable Suspicion testing process
· Agency monitoring of collection site compliance
· Urine specimen collection process
· Substance abuse professional referrals and qualification requirements
· Policy templates, training tools, checklists, forms, best practices, implementation aids, internal audit protocols, collection site monitoring toolkits, program management aids
This course will be followed by two online webinars to address common questions that came up during the course. Registration for the webinars will be separate. Those unable to attend one of the two live classes should register for the webinars. The webinars will be held on March 14th and again on March 19th.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
5311 and 5339 Sub-recipient agency testing program management personnel. Space is limited for this class. Agencies should send staff who are responsible for testing oversight and/or management of the agency’s drug and alcohol program.